Monday, November 17, 2014

intentionally, creatively, perfectly

"everyone who is called by My name,
whom I created for My glory,
whom I formed and made" 
isaiah 43:7

can we all just take a huge sigh of relief on this one together.
ready?
breathe in
and out.

because listen, if you didn't catch the magnitude of that verse. go read it again.

we're called. created for HIS glory, and formed by the same Creator who made the solar system.
hello. that's amazing.

as i was reading, the "created for My glory" really caught my attention. because i got to thinking, about a life where i was focused on just myself. a life, without Jesus. how much time would i spend pumping myself up?

i don't know about you.
but i don't really walk around telling myself how awesome i am. and no, that isn't because i don't think i'm awesome and have self esteem issues. it's because i walk around telling myself i was created by THE most awesome God. i tell myself that yea, "i am woman, hear me roar" because I have God who's "roaring like a lion" in me (ok truth time. i hate that song but it's what came to mind).

God didn't create humans with the intention that we'd end up...well, kind of like how we are now. selfish, completely self absorbed, so worried about what the rest of the world thinks we're doing (or not doing), and always giving ourselves the high five instead of Him.

we were created for His glory. to live lives that point to Him, and not ourselves. to wake up every morning with the intention of doing His will, and not our own.

but somewhere along the lines. things got a bit lost and fuzzy.

and don't get me wrong here. i'm all for girl power and all that jazz. but i just think it's Who we first sing those praises about that's the point.

i was reading a she reads truth plan from a while ago the other day and came upon this:


so good, right?

i think the most important thing, is to live out how we were created.
intentionally.
creatively.
perfectly.

and no. i'm not talking about the perfect 1950's house wife. or the straight a's kid.

i'm talking about living out the perfect love that we were created with, and that lives in us.
living with such intention that every day counts. every day we've spoke the name of Jesus over someone, every day we've taken the time to pray for friends and family. we've looked for opportunities to really be Jesus to others.
creatively. and i'm not just talking about painting a picture or taking a picture. i'm talking about living a life full of color. because grey isn't that flattering of a color anyways.

so what if, we threw out the "me, me me" mentality?
what if we really focused on His glory and not our own?

i think things might be a little different.




1 comment: